Monday, March 6, 2006

PICKS & PANS


Just reporting on the happenings of the past week or so....

While surfing around the other day, I found myself looking at the Penncrest website, and I clicked on the find your class button to see if any of my cohorts and friends were listed. I actually signed in and created an alumni profile! Then, when I clicked to find my other classmates, I was so disappointed to find only one other class of '87 graduate had registered ... Joe Montgomery. So, I am urging the PHS graduates out there to log onto penncrest.alumniclass.com, and don't leave me alone with Joe.
(oh, I also checked out the Claude J. Falcone memorial/tribute sight which was very cool....he was my art major teacher all 4 years, the only teacher who pushed me, and the only teacher who prepared me for college!)

A bit of bummer news-my mom went for MRI's last week to check the progress of her healing neck fracture, and unfortunately it has not healed at all! No therapy or driving for mama for a few more months. She expressed to me that maybe she doesn't want to drive at all any more...I can say that I am slightly anxious over that statement, but she was in a bad accident, she's old, and the longer she does not drive the harder it will be for her to get behind the wheel. I have decided to cross that bridge when we get to it, focus on my mother's healing and well being NOW. Her primary care doctor just put her on Prozac as this whole experience has put her in the dumps-who wouldn't be? Anyway, we are doing all we can to keep her frown upside down. :)

Fun, fun, fun!! We had a fabulous weekend! We actually left the treehouse! A college buddy flew up from Atlanta Thursday night, and from that point on, the laughter did not stop! We had a great Saturday night-met CNN and Tedman in the city for some drinks, then on to Morimoto for a sushi fest beyond belief. We were sad to drop him off at PHL on Sunday, but happy to have such amazing friends. He's our brother from another mother.
(note on the movie "Waiting"....slapstick parody of Bennigan's style restaurants...we recommend for crazy laughs, but you won't feel like eating out for a while.....a LONG while....)

Finally....I have been blog-silent recently due to the backlash regarding the Rookie Blogger of the Year Award. I had nothing to do with it! In order to keep our community together, I propose that we develop a ballot at the next convention for a 2006 Summer Awards ceremony. I picture the ceremony in close proximity to Ted's BBQ. PinF, we'll wait until you journey north to convene the ballot conception meeting....Chuck-do you think we can get a webcam going in CR for you?

Peace out, players!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

What would an award ceremony be without a little controversy! Forget about it!

PokerPro and myself will get drunk and talk each other up. No problem.

As for the WebCam. We can do it right now, there is one next door. But I don't see it happening....

cns said...

jojo and joe walking down b wing together...reminiscing

i think i got a good chance and winning the summer blog award
especially with my new casio exilim
dig cam

PokerPro said...

I may be interested in attending, but only if I can be assured of a fair and equal voting process, and if Ted grills!