Sunday, February 26, 2006

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

ON SATURDAY, I RECEIVED IN THE MAIL MY OFFICIAL ROOKIE BLOGGER OF THE YEAR AWARD FROM PinF. WHAT AN HONOR!! I WAS THRILLED, BUT ALSO WORRIED ABOUT THE AWARDS CEREMONY AND WHAT TO WEAR. I CONSULTED MY FAVE STYLIST, CNN, BUT SHE WAS OUT OF TOWN, SO I HAD TO GO IT ALONE FOR MY RED CARPET DEBUT. I was going for "innocent yet vampy"...I think I pulled it off!



WHAT A MAGICAL EVENING!!! THE STARS WERE BRIGHT, AND THE BLOGGERS WERE PARTYING LIKE IT WAS 1999. UNFORTUNATELY, AS PICTURED BELOW (who let the paparazzi in this am?) I TOOK THE CELEBRATING A BIT TOO FAR....TO MUCH CHAMPAGNE, CHOCOLATES AND CIGS...THE 2 XANAX PROBABLY DIDN'T HELP,EITHER.





ANYWAY, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, AND ESPECIALLY THE ACADEMY/PinF FOR THIS GLORIOUS HONOR. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT CONVENTION :)

p.s. please do not forward any of these shots to Sanrio...I can't get fired! I have a really good gig going there....thanks!

10 comments:

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Classic!! Is there really any equal out there amongst us? You've taken the forum by storm, both from a writers angle as well as your adept command of your mixed media images.

This only further highlights the Academy's delight in your fresh, funky and innovative style. Good work AKJN....of course it's one thing becoming #1, it's an entirely different challenge maintaining the crown. PinF

cns said...

great post...super
more later
back in the country and back to the grind...

Chuck said...

PRO-TEST!

Exactly what "year" is this award for? If it's for 2006, I feel being only February it's a bit early for a "rookie of the year" to be given out, when there are 10 months to go.

If it is for the past 12 months, then I am afraid I must complain that I wasn't nominated in a single catagory! I am after all still in my first year of blogging.

Not even "best foreign blog"! Come on!

Honorable mention?

Something?

Throw the dog a bone....

What kind of sham contest is PinF running down there!

Sincerely,

RainonJoJosParade

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

Carlos..lest you feel completely left out. The news apparently hasn't reached you yet. You were both nominated and have won "Worst Spelling in a Blog"

Classic interpretation once again with the spelling of "catagory"....that's nice. Still it's an honor-- Congradulachions!!!

Chuck said...

Har, har. Make sure you cross all the T's and dot all the I's....I'll be looking over your shoulder.....

PokerPro said...

Just like the Oscars, I never even recieved a ballot!

PokerPro said...

What were the possible categories?? I demand a full accounting of the votes and an investigation into the members of the academy!

Anonymous said...

Jojo, you are absolutely brilliant!!! Kudos to you on the award all bloggers hold in high esteem (except possibly your fellow bloggers Chuck and Pokerpro): The Mighty PinF Award!! Too freakin funny -- paparazzi, cigs, bling, -- you are my idol. Keep up the fun blogs. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!!
jah

akjn westside said...

thanks, jah
I've been laying low with all of the award controversy....will come up with something this week
thanks for reading :)