Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo & stuff

In tradition with today's holiday, ak and I enjoyed Mexican fare for dinner tonight. We have a great place with the yummiest tacos, and any meat, chicken or fish preparation you can think of.

It's been a busy week so far. We've had to run around alot, but the weather has been fantastic. It's been good to get out of our 2 block radius :) I've started doing the Farmer's Market again each Saturday morning, and am usually there between 9-10am. There was also an art festival happening at the same time, so there were alot of folks milling about. It was a bit too crowded for me, so I hustled through, but I did take the time to get this shot of the am's entertainment. A bluegrass dude is usually there, but this Saturday we had this .....



On Monday we did something we have never done....I was over at my friend Julie's by 7:30am on Monday am. She was running around geting ready for work, so I got the 2 girls going with shoes, school snack, dressing Scarlett, etc. At 8am, Hannah, Scarlett and me set off in Julie's car (car seats) to drop Hannah off for school. She's in first grade. The two of them sang the whole way - a song about the nice sunny day :) Traffic is crazy in the parking lot, which I had to drive through to get to the drop off area. She zipped out of the car before I could say bye, and all I saw was the back of her running to class - blond hair flying and pink Hello Kitty backpack bouncing up and down. I felt like such an imposter, and tried to manuever my way out of there as fast as possible without killing any children.


So Scarlett and I headed to our house. She's 3 1/2, tough as nails and comedian funny, so the day could go either way, easy or very hard. We ended up having a great day here, watching children's programming, singing inane songs, playing inside and outside with her race car and our toys, and putting stickers on paper. The 3 of us had lunch together, and she told us all kinds of stories - she is very expressive with lots of movement and jumping up and down, voice rises, too. We got the call at 2:30 that all parents were back home, so I packed up Scarlett and her huggy (blanket), fairy bear, race car, pull ups, and wipes and headed back to Julie's.

When I got back home, ak was lounging on the couch. I joined him, and by 5:30pm we were both passed out, and stayed there until 1am. We were totally wiped out!

Here is Scarlett hanging out on our back patio ....



Hope all of you had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!!!!!

No comments: