Wednesday, October 25, 2006

MY SISTERS



CNN & Kelly










I was just going through all of my pictures, trying to come up with a blog this week. I hate forcing a blog - I like the subject to just flow, or hit me like a lightning bolt. Just as I was going to throw in the towel today, I came across this picture of my two best buddies, Chrissy and Kelly, and decided to dedicate a post to my girls.

I have known both for over half my life now, and they have been through it all with me, and I with them. I cannot imagine a life without these two....I can literally sit here all day and laugh at our adventures/misadventures that started when we were still in our teens. We are still as spontaneous/crazy as we were when we were 17, even though our lives have all gone in different directions.

It is amazing to have people in your life that you can really talk to about your hope and dreams, without being judged, ridiculed, or told that you are flat out nuts. These days, friends like this are as important as the air we breathe.

Along my journey of jobs, living in CA, and travelling, I have made many new acquaintances, but the older I get, the more I am disappointed. Most stay in the "acquaintance" category. However, there are some clear exceptions, like the Pinfers, Chuck, and the Ponderosa crowd, that have made homes in my heart.

Back to my gals...we've lasted longer than most marriages! The move back to PA, my dad's death, and currently dealing with my momma often take me to the edge of a scary precipice, but Chrissy and Kelly have always been there to bring me back.
You can pick your friends, not your family; however, these two are truly my sisters!

Love you guys, and hope you have a great day! :)

Editors note-I added some new links today

6 comments:

cns said...

right on sister
love you too doll

um...i think i judged, ridiculed, and told you that you were flat out nuts last wknd

akjn westside said...

you did? before or after the slap?

Chuck said...

I'm flattered...but I'm still having my lawyers review your use of the word "misadventures" in your blog.

akjn westside said...

I knew I should have put in a disclaimer, dammit!
What's a "misadventure" between friend?

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

You're Glowing. Beautiful.

akjn westside said...

Thanks, Pinf :)
Any update on turkey day?
We are probably heading that way...taking a cruise out of Miami on the 25th.