Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Tired

The title of this post needs is to be sung in place of I'm lonely in the INXS song 'What You Need'.

As of today, I have completed five 4 hour days back at work.
It sucks!

  • My manager quit and the replacement starts mid-September. She is already micro-managing me via email.
  • The girl who took my old job has been out 2 of my 5 days with her sick kids.
  • There are 2 new empoyees working for me and I can't remember their names.
  • 6 residents have gotten together and filed a class action lawsuit against the property and the company for "causing the inhabitability of their home due to the construction".
  • 1500 of the residents are maintaining a bitch blog/google group. We have been advised not to join as it may interfere with the lawsuit.
  • On Monday, a resident threatened to go back to his apartment, get his gun, and come back down to shoot us all. Lovely, isn't it?

I have regressed in physical therapy and have to take the vicodin again. I have actually gone backwards, and am back in the pool for less intense exercizing and stretching. I am very upset over this, as I was progressing with flying colors and getting a lot of mobility back. My therapist thinks that this regression is due to a combination of: my scar tissue hardening from all 3 surgeries (it is affecting the way I walk, can't get comfy laying down anymore), tweaking a muscle, and stress from the job. She can't believe how suddenly I deteriorated. I was so scared about the pain that I asked the surgeon to do an mri to ensure I didn't break anything back there. He assured me that short of a bus hitting me, my screws and disc would stay in place.

My first day back was last Wednesday.
When I got home, ak said that I have that look again.
What look, I asked?
He answered, the work look, where you seem pissed-off, constipated and about to cry all at the same time.
I asked him to slap it right off of me.
This surgery may be a blessing in disguise, as it has allowed me to step back and really take a look at myself. I don't like what I see, and hate the way work completely takes over me and changes my personality. I realize now that my priorities have gotten completely out of order, and how the office negativity eventually creeps into my personal life no matter how hard I try to shake it off....I am sitting here pissed-off right now!

Ok, enough!!
Everybody have a great Labor Day weekend! :)
Peace out.......

Anyway, at least it is only 4 hours a day right now :)

2 comments:

cns said...

omg...."i'm t i r e d"

i remember singing that on the beach in ocnj like it was yesterday

thanks for the bday post

love the post about work...i feel the same with my job...terrible

akjn westside said...

I know...I can see the 2 of us just hung over, grumpy :) good times, good times

I educated some of the staff on proper begonia/petunia usage - they think it is hilarious...like I don't know :)

we always came up with excellent terms at the shore: summer teeth, Glen/when/Lynn, my man pots & pans...