Friday, July 11, 2008

Recovery Update

So I am 4 weeks out from surgery, and doing quite well, thank you!
I had my physical therapy evaluation yesterday, and will start pool therapy on Monday. I am looking forward to it, as I can tell my muscles are a mess-either totally tightend up, or completely weak and shaky. I got some simple streching excersises to start with yesterday, so I am doing those frequently. I had to order a bathing suit for this....all my other suits are definately cruisewear, and say on the labels "no chlorine", so I have a sweet black speedo coming to me.
I am walking aroung better, and my gait is definately straighter and faster. Hopefully I can get rid of the bathroom apparatus within a few days, but I am not going to push it. I have ventured out of the house 3 times now, and those short trips have been great! We have just gone to our few food hotspots, and I got to go to the bookstore yesterday, so that was super sweet.
My routine is very regular. I get up between 5-6am, go downstairs and have my fist cup of java, and sit out on the back patio to drink it with a crossword puzzle. Then I do the dishes, and move to the "greeting" station...I have taken over our bistro table with my card supplies. I check to see if any correspondence needs to go out, prepare and sticker the correspondence, then take it out front to the mail slot. I then hang on the front patio and call mom and chit chat with her for a bit, then make any other calls needed. I'll go back to my puzzles, or pick up my book, and hang downstairs on the couch for a bit, then at around 11:30, I have some lunch, then head back upstairs for a nap. After the nap, ak and I hang in the office, or head out for lunch or an errand, then cook dinner anywhere from 7-9pm. I am usually am in bed reading by 11pm, and totally out by midnight. It's not too bad, and ak and I are really enjoying being together all day again, like in the West Chester treehouse...good times :)
Anyway, I continue to order online like a fiend, and I am going through a book a day, depending on it's size. It's pretty out of control, so I am glad amazon drops something off here daily. After my 6 weeks, I will post the list of books I read during the time - it should be interesting. We absolutely need a bigger bookshelf!
Thanks for all of the comments, texts and shout outs from you guys, checking in on me - it means alot! It's been very wonderful to be checking the blogs again on a daily basis, and being able to post more frequently - I feel better in touch with the pulse.
Also, here is a Belated Birthday shout out to Sophie...Happy 10th, girl!
Peace out, players.

1 comment:

tedman said...

glad the recovery is going well! Miss you guys!

Love the new look!