Sunday, July 27, 2008

Not Worth It + Sweet Redemption

Just in case you are all rushing out to get the "tell all" Madonna book written by her brother Chris - DON'T!
I eagerly anticipated the arrival of this book, pre-ordered on amazon with expediated shipping. I have been horribly let down. It is another biography of Madge's life ... been there, done that. There was no earthshattering or groundbreaking information revealed.
What a completely disappointing waste of paper! This book is taking the trip to the resale book store next week, believe it or not. You know I am not one to reject books, and am continuously adding to my library, but this is not fit to grace my shelves.

However, a book that has made up for that travesty completely is one about another of my obsessions, Stephen King. The book is titled The Complete Stephen King Universe, A Guide to the Worlds of Stephen King, and it is remarkable! 98% of King's stories/novels/screenplays/collaborations, etc., can all be connected together to form one huge story. The book examines each peice of King literature, and shows the links, some obvious that I have been aware of, and some that were so subtle and hidden that it was like getting hit in the head, once revealed. Basically, all of his writing directly revolves around the Gunslinger novels, the 7 book quest series.
Ak calls the book my Stephen King Stalker Guide :)

Have a FAB Sunday, y'all!

No comments: