Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Coming Up for Air

I have just surfaced after a reading marathon that began Friday night when ak purchased the new Stephen King novel, Duma Key, for moi. Yummy, delicious ... 611 pages.

Whew - it was amazing, and I am already re-reading it. Yes it's scary, but smart scary. Also, it is set in the Florida Keys, rather than Maine, which is a big change for him. We were in the Keys in early December, so I was feeling that connection.

I almost couldn't go to work the past 2 days due to the draw of the book :) But I tore myself away, and raced home the past 2 nights to have ak literally handing me the book as I came into the house.

Anyway, one of the best parts about the book was the last page. Not the conclusion of the book page, but the "acknowledgement" page directly following, where Mr. King lastly thanks :
'And you, my old friend Constant Reader; always you.'
I love this - being thanked for reading.

Excited about the weekend's game, but sad for the end of another football season. Stone Crabs and fixins' have been ordered from Joe's in Miami and will be delivered Saturday - akjn is ready!

Agador Spartacus - thanks for everything :)
Your visit was the best, hilarity abounded despite the dampness in The Cats.

... I am tellin' you ... no no NO NO WAY!

CONGRATS ON THE NEW J O B!

ok ... on to brownie baking for a work meeting tomorrow. Bye!

1 comment:

PAYNTERinFLORIDA said...

So cutting edge...just saw King interview on the Today show....the writer himself says this is one of his favorite books he's written.,..says not to read it alone after midnight. Now i'm going to have to read it, two referrals in less than one hour.....nice.