Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Beginning my next 365 day trip around the Sun

Pictures of the lovely tulips that Ak got me for my birthday-beautiful colors. The red ones are called 10 point tulips, and they look like fire flames. Love them, and love my honey!


Hey hey, everyone!! I had a fantastic birthday, and received many shout outs from the blog posse and other good buddies....Thanks! Mama came over Sunday and spent the night with us in the treehouse, and AK made his awesome pizza (my fave), and ended with some yummy strawberry shortcake (the only dessert I like). We watched some great HD programming-everyone had their feet up and we were totally relaxed. I need to get my mom over here more often-we really had fun, and got along wonderfully...could it be the medication? Whatever it is, I like it and hope with all my heart that we continue on like this :)

Geting ready for the big engagement BBQ this weekend, and hoping that the weather will cooperate....everyone concentrate for sun on Saturday :)

Just finished rereading one of my top 10 books-Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I have had this copy since 1988. It's a heavy read, but interesting during this time of complete idiocy in the world. The book's concept is that the government policies and interference with what they think is for the good of the nation eventually force the major manufacturers and industrialists to disappear, causing the country to literally come to a standstill. If you are ready for 1064 pages, I highly recommend it.

What else, what else...completed the horrendous but necessary chore of switching the winter/summer clothing and shoes. It's at these times that we wonder where the heck we got all of this stuff? Who authorized these purchases? Did we try anything on at all? But I ended up with a nice pile for Goodwill, so that makes it worth it. The other good side of this activity is coming across some really cool things that you forgot you had :)

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday :) Peace out!

5 comments:

tedman said...

Happy B-day. I missed the date - ooops.

See you on Sat. for the BBQ.

Thanks for the heartfelt comments you left on my blog. MUCH APPRECIATED!

PokerPro said...

See you Saturday, I think my sis is coming, too! Will AK be serving any of that pizza or strawberry shortcake at the party?

akjn westside said...

PP-I don't think so...ak and I are sitting back on this one and letting Chris and Sue fly with the food!
Really looking forward to Sat, and excited that your sis may be there!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»