Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Clock Table

Two years ago, I re-worked an existing small table top by painting it into a "Britto/Joanna"-styled masterpiece.  I believe it is the first piece of furniture I have painted.  Anyway, despite being varnished heavily and used lightly, I was annoyed to see that over time the paint had chipped in a few places, and it looked kind of dull.  I looked into getting a glass circle top to put on it, but I think the paint would stick to that, too.  So I repainted the whole thing, freshening up the colors.  Then I unscrewed it off the base, attached a ribbon to the back, and hung it on one of the living room walls.  I am very happy with the results!!

 
Now what to do with the table base?  It only took a few seconds to figure it out.....I screwed a clock to the top of the table!  I busted out the Black & Decker cordless drill and went at it - it only took a few minutes, and I think the results are also fabulous!!!  I have had the clock sitting around for a few months - it was broken, and we really didn't like how it ticked all the time - so annoying.  However, I still thought the look of the clock was cool, so I kept it in my ???? box. 
Now presenting.....The Clock Table:




No comments: