Saturday, September 10, 2011

Relax in Your Slacks, Honey!

This excellent advice was written in a note to me from Chrissy's mom, and I think it is my new motto!!  I've used it out a few times, now, and have gotten great reactions from it!  Always smiles, and ususally a chuckle, too.  Thanks, Bootie, for being a great pen pal!

My fantasy draft took place last Sunday, and the NFL gloriously started on Thursday night!  I just have to make a few tweaks here and there, and hopefully I'll have a great season.  I am so excited to watch the Eagles this year, and am hoping against hope that they can go all they way. 

Finally, I did something that I should have done a long time ago - I joined my local sorority alumni club.  I went to a Meet and Greet on Wed. night at the home of a woman who actually went to Old Dominion, too!  It is a great group of ladies, all ages, and they get together at least once a month,  if not more.  I felt very at home - I was so nervous driving there, like a teenager on a first date!  I am looking forward to next Thursday, which is the first official meeting.  After the ladies heard about some of the things I make and do, I was put in charge of making the nametags - 80 of them!  I am totally excited, and can't wait to get my laminator fired up!  Like I said, I should have done this a long time ago!  Here is a pic of us - don't you just love my devil eyes???!!!


Ok - that's all for now. I need to shake the sinus + upper chest infection I got going on.  I love Cali, but everything is in bloom ALL the time, so your allergies are always doing something to you.  
Later, peeps!

1 comment:

cns said...

i've never heard her say that....must be special for u
i have heard my dad say "don't get ur panties in a bundle"

love the new girlfriends....good for you
they will be thrilled hanging with you
nice picture...cute white blouse doll