Monday, August 10, 2009

Can you smell it?

..... the 2009 NFL season is almost here!!!!!

My fantasy draft is set for 8/22, but trying to coordinate everyone is a hassle. One of the dudes is flying up from LA this year because he's done so poorly the last 2 years trying to make his picks over the phone. I am ready to go whenever ...I need to come back strong from a poor finish last year.
I purchased my Complete Guide to Fantasy Football 2009 late last week, and perused it over the weekend. I have no idea who some of these rookies are. I am coming up with my draft strategy, too. I got lucky the first year, sucked last year, so I am putting some effort into it this year. Also, Axel will be attending the draft for the first time, so the team will be represented.

I was very sad to hear the news about the passing of Jim Johnson, Eagles Defensive Coordinator. What a bummer. First we lose Harry Kalas, and now this. Definately a tough blow for the Birds. I hope they can rise above it and be inspired to kick some ass and get the the Superbowl this year, damn it!

It was exciting to watch the Hall of Fame pre-season game on Sunday night, but was again heartbroken as Al Micheals announced that John Madden had retired. Did I miss something? However, I am down with his replacement, Cris Collinsworth. I have always liked him, but am aware that most people don't. So all things are coming together for what should be an interesting season, and I can't wait!

Well, akjn is finally street legal again, after riding under the radar for 3 months with expired everything. That entailed spending an entire day at the DMV, which is the world's largest freak festival, with a little Ellis Island thrown in (immigrants coming in from the other side, though). Today's teens are scary, too....dirty looking and lazy. But we were patient, and thankfully had our phones, so I played Trivial Pursuit, Yahtzee and Solitaire in between reviewing our study guides. I texted CNN and chatted with her for a bit, too. We had to take written tests that we actually studied really hard for. We took 8 pratice tests each the night before :) Ak got a 100%, and I got 1 wrong - just glad that we passed! I am totally jealous of his license picture, though, as he looks totally awesome in it with a great smile, all handsome, while I am all crooked and smirking, sunglasses stuck in my nest. I am seriously tilted to one side, and you can't see my teeth. I have to carry around this shitty picture until 2014. Oh well, it's good to be legal again.

That's pretty much all from here. We are in our 3rd heat wave of the summer, with temps from 95-100. It's like being in a pizza oven. They last about a week, so we are halfway through this one. We ran errands earlier, and literally had to carry each other in the house when we got back. Our plants need watering twice a day, as opposed to every 3-4 days.

Heading downstairs...much cooler because of the tile floors.
Later, peeps :)

2 comments:

cns said...

nice joanie
good luck with the draft

funny about the DL pic, i just got mine taken preggers

gotta update my blog, been a little busy over at fb, it's a big sober class reunion, kinda nice

i got 53 friends now and might not be accepting anymore

akjn westside said...

you need to skim the cream off of that 53...that's a lot of peeps to keep track of!

like the "sober" reunion comment...memories are hazy from that craziness..riding around in the huge hummer limo

get blogging, doll...post a preg pic!